General Rules (for posts and comments):
- Only use your first name.
- If you are mentioning another student, only use their first name.
- Don’t give your email, phone number, or street address.
- Don’t share specifics of your daily routines that involve time and location (i.e. what time and field you are playing soccer that evening).
- Always start a sentence with a capital letter.
- Always end a sentence with punctuation like . ? !
- IF YOU WRITE EVERY WORD IN CAPITAL LETTERS, IT MEANS YOU ARE SHOUTING!
- There is no need to use more than one exclamation mark if you are excited, passionate or annoyed about something!
- Have at least one space after punctuation like , . ? !
- Remember that many people will read what you write. Think carefully before clicking the “submit for review” button!
- Our blogs are not places to chat with your friends or share links to games and videos. You are encouraged to leave comments for classmates but it has to be about their writing.
Commenting on Posts
All comments should start with a greeting (e.g. “Hi Sally”) and a positive comment.
Then, students should extend the conversation by:
- providing positive, specific feedback
- asking a question
- adding a fact that the author may not know
- making a connection to their own lives
Check out the video below which outlines some great commenting criteria: