Whew – lots of new faces at Monday’s Orientation Day!!! You could almost taste the excitement (with a sprinkling of nervousness) in anticipation of the first day.
This is my third year at Holy Trinity and I am so excited to be part of this vibrant community. If you would like to learn more about me and my teaching philosophy, click HERE.
Although the school will be supplying all essential materials for students, we are encouraging them to bring in the following:
- Combination lock
- Pencil case (with pencils, sharpener, pens, a few dry erase markers)
- Calculator (we do not allow students to use the calculator on their device)
As an aid to students and parents, this class blog has been created. The blog will chronicle our learning throughout the year. I hope to share pictures, videos, and information to help keep parents in the loop about what is happening in our class. This blog can also be used by parents to help their child with time management and assignment completion as well as providing links to extra practice.
As Holy Trinity is striving to reduce its paper usage, I will not be sending monthly newsletters home but rather will be posting announcements online. Upcoming school and class events will be posted on the calendar and more detailed weekly school announcements can be found by clicking on the “Weekly Announcements” pic on the sidebar.
I will also be sending out weekly “What’s up this week” emails each weekend so that you can get a sense of what is coming up. For those who have twitter, you can follow our class twitter account for more daily pics and posts from our class and the school.
- September 13 = Meet the Teacher Night
- September 20 = School Picture Day
- September 21 = Terry Fox Run and BBQ
- October 5 = PD Day (no classes)
- October 8 = Thanksgiving Monday (no school)
- October 24 = Photo Retake Day
- November 1 = Progress Reports distributed
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to email me. I look forward to meeting all of the students and parents as we begin our year.